Tuesday 8 April 2014

"You Must Be Talkin' About Grunge!"

1.
2.
3.
4.

5.
6.
 7.
 8.
 9.
 10.
Title of post is a quote from the late great MCA  when asked on some tv show about  Seattle music scene two or three years after it happened.Special  sister post to my Kurt Cobain post on my comic blog.Starting off with L7 a group I actually saw more than twenty years ago-makes me feel old but don't seem that long ago in retrospect  far more memorable than the other band they were playing with. I always liked them more than the Riot Grrrl bands that were around at the same time-they already seemed liberated-they'd been rocking out a few years before the Olympia scene kicked off.I think they're the coolest that's why I've featured them alot here.


1.
 2.
 3.
 4.
 5.
 6.
 7.
 8.
 9.
 10.
Can't say the Pumpkins were truly grunge -although I did have tape of first album Gish and did have plenty of Sabbath riffing on it  - can't say, I'm a fan like one of my mates is but I liked D'Arcy she reminded me of the girl I was going out with at the time-D'Arcy of course was replaced by Melissa  Auf  der Mauer -who played bass for Hole prior to that-which nicely segways to the next set of pictures and videos.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
You can't do a post about Grunge without Hole and Courtney- I know they're many haters and conspiracy theorists out there-the truth of the matter to me it was just a messed up situation-you can't help who you fall in love with and that's what happened with Kurt-I think she's a very intelligent woman  there's no denying that- there are all kinds of opportunists and yellow journalistic types out for blood, but they're only making things worse glad,I'm glad she has the strength to carry on and do her thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment