Thursday 1 November 2012

Bond Girls Week -Post 7-Dame Diana Rigg

My fave Bond Girl-in fact Mrs Bond-briefly(i don't want to give too much away if you haven't seen On Her Majestys Secret Service) Quite a strange film when  I first saw it as a nipper on television..  I got so so used to Connery , I had no idea who this guy claiming to be JB  was , but I liked Tracy de Vincenzo , she was vaugely  familiar (they barely showed the original Avengers in the late 1970's.. but I do recall they did show one episode in the slot usually occupied by Crown Court -so after an episode of Rainbow (pre school kids show) and the one oclock news ..so perhaps that's how. I was also confused by the fact that this guy claming to be James Bond was going after the good guy -Telly Savalas (I knew him from Kojak so in my mind he was the good guy)now in retrospective I wonder what this film would of been like with Connery and Donald Pleasence (The best Blofeld ever) in it .. but Tracy rocked I can see why Bond would of married her ..she appears again in the new Bond Video game , haven't bought it yet may wait a while (but judging by clips I've seen  voice actors sounds nothing like Diana and Honor(Pussy Galore) they should of tried at least sound like the original films .. hope they stick to original music at least OHMSS had a killer soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. Buddy

    Let's do a Bondage, I mean Bond girl week together. Shall we?

    Just curious, which Bond age were you in (Bondage get it?). Lame joke...
    Seriously, I kind of remember mine was when Sean Connery was Bond.

    Cheers to your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I grew up with Sean's and Roger's Bond on the TV but first Bond I saw at Cinema was The Living Daylights with Timothy Dalton ,Yeah sounds like a good Idea .. I was planning a Spygirl week featuring screencaps from various TV shows and Films including two Bond Films. I'll try post some screencaps later tonight

    ReplyDelete